Tuesday, November 30, 2010

GFJ (352-353) What I'd like to Thomas Crown from the Met....

Georges Braque's Boats on the Beach at L'Estaque
The other day I spent two hours at the Met with GDubbs. He had never been before so we decided to go to find some cultural enrichment.

Not going to lie, we spent way too much time in the Egypt section.. While all the artifacts are dead old and interesting, it's just not my cup of tea. (I do want to go see the pyramids in Egypt though)

As I needed sometime to keep my attention (cause the Egypt section killed me softly) , I decided to play THE GAME. For those of you who don't remember, THE GAME was played in College when we were bored or stoned (slash both). We started playing it with the Tiffany catalog where we'd choose "which would you like" from each page... It then moved to every other catalog and magazine.

For the Met, I tweaked it to, "which would you like to Thomas Crown" out of here. Impressionist, Georges Braque's, Boats on the Beach at L'Estaque really spoke to me. It's a little guy, dwarfed in a room filled with Monet's but, I heart it. As soon as I saw it, a smile was plastered on my face...


Sunday
BREAKFAST: Sleep (because my flight was delayed and I didn't end up going to bed until 3:30am.. I am one of those people that MUST unpack before going to bed)
LUNCH: Semi-sleep (I origially woke up at 8:30am when GDubbs BB'd me but I went back to semi- sleep)
SNACK: Some wingies from Blue Haven (As I had slept all morning and had errands to run, I didn't end up eating anything until 4:30pm... I had four wingies from Blue Haven. They were good)
Wingies from Blue Haven
DINNER: Homemade Turkey Chili



My first Chili

Chili, Chopped Red Onions, Cheddar Fromage, Sour Cream and Corn Bread...
Monday - FLOOD
BREAKFAST: Fage with Strawberry
SNACK: My mom's pecans and gruyere
LUNCH: Homemade Lobster Salad on a bed of lettuce
Homemade Lobster Salad on a bed of lettuce that my dad grew.
SNACK: Corn Chips and Dill Dip
DINNER: Kale Salad and Chicken Sausage
Kale Salad from City Bakery and Chicken Sausage
DESSERT: Some of that Extra-Large Toblerone bar that Lady V brought me.. It's my best friend slash nemesis.