Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am absolutely hooked on ONE DAY...


I started the book on my commute to work this morning and I sorta want to close the door to my office and read the entire thing today. One Day, by David Nicholls pretty much had me with the Charles Dickens, GREAT EXPECTATIONS opening passage:

That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it and think how different its course would have been. Pause, you who read this, and think for a long moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on that memorable day.



I actually have a day, where I know if I had done one thing differently, I would be living an altertnate life. Whether or not it would have been better, who knows.. I am certain, however, that my life wouldn't be the same. Do you have a day like that?